Monday, January 24, 2011

Banana Bread

What do you do with over ripe banana's.  Well we make banana bread.  Pretty much ALL the time.  For some reason I don't eat as many banana's as I use to.

So four over ripe banana's and a left over bag of chocolate chips and my trusty Dow City Cookbook (which I wrote about it here).  Finally you can see a picture of this coveted book. 

However, I do believe I undercooked my bread, it was pretty gooey in the middle, but when I took out the fork it was clean.  So do you over bake the rest, I chose not to.  Any tips on how make sure the rest isn't dry and all of it cooked are welcome.  SB usually makes this recipe, he uses honey instead of white sugar.  Which I have to say makes it dense and moist. Mine was fluffy, light and not as moist.

Only thing I added to this recipe was left over bittersweet chocolate chips and a nice cup full of semi-sweet chips. I actually mixed these with a bit of flour, as I've heard that this will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the wet batter. Despite the gooeyness (yes my new word), this was a welcome breakfast treat Sunday morning.

3 comments:

Yumi @ Natsukashii said...

Yum! I love your new word by the way ;) and fabulous shoes from your last post!!

Yumi @ Natsukashii said...

Yum! I love your new word by the way ;) and fabulous shoes from your last post!!

Unknown said...

thanks yumi...i'm notorious for making up words and scrambling cliches.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...